Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Hans
    Participant

Hello,

Sinclair the renewel of our website, people that uses old links het a page with the totale pols, this page, etc.
    Is there a wat to translate this page?

kind regards

hans hagmeijer

tikaram
    Keymaster

@toerfiets : Can you please explain in more detail. I could not understand your query

Regards,
    Tikaram

HansH
    Participant

Hello Tikaram,

The announcement “oops”, etc. I cannot reproduce now.

Problem also is that if visitors want visit a no more existing page the receive a white page with the announcement:

Not Found in big capitals And under that text: The requested URL was not found on this server.

Is there in that case a possibility to guide the visitor to a page with the announcement as: “the requested page doesn’t exist; maybe you try another search or go to this link” (and then write an url).

Problem is not a b ig deal: take your time to answer.

Kind regards

Hans Hagmeijer

Sakin
    Keymaster

Hello Hans,

I see what you mean. If you are talking about a page like http://staging.toerfietsleusden.nl/sdafsd where I enter the wrong URL and it shows “Not Found – The requested URL was not found on this server.” This is not from the theme, it’s from your server. Please check in your server there might be a default 404.html or 404.php. Once you remove that then it should show our theme 404 page like this https://catchthemes.com/demo/travelore-pro/sdafsd.

Once you do that, you can use the widget to change the content of the 404 page. There is widget areas called “404 Page Not Found Content ”

Regards,
    Sakin

HansH
    Participant

Hello Sakin,

This worked fine. Still one question. The widget title stays in English. Is there a way to translate this into dutch?
    I looked already in the 404 php, but I cannot find the text in English.

Kind regards

Hans Hagmeijer

Sakin
    Keymaster

Hello Hans,

Did you try to change the content using the Widgets from “Appearance => Widgets”, there you can add title and Content from the widget as per your need in any language.

Regards,
    Sakin

HansH
    Participant

Hello Sakin,

This worked partially. As you can see in the attached image, I still get the announcement in English.
    Is there a way to translate the Oops this page cannot be found?

Kind regards

Hans Hagmeijer

Sakin
    Keymaster

Hello Hans,

You can change both title and content from the widget. Just update the widget title and the 404 page title will be updated.

See this screenshot of widget

HansH
    Participant

Hello Sakin,

Thank you for answering.
    I use the Gutenberg editor. There all is a bit different. I gonna search for it.

Kind regards

Hans Hagmeijer

Sakin
    Keymaster

Hello Hans,

In Gutenberg, you can use the Heading block and then the Paragraph block. See this screenshot widget.

HansH
    Participant

Hello Sakin,

Sorry to bother you again. Sometimes I feel kind of stupid.

In the attached screenshots you can see what I did. In the first you can see what I did in Gutenberg, in the second the result.
    I want delete the English text oops etc.
    Can you please (if there is time -and it is no big deal, because we are a simple little sportclub) explain me what I did wrong?
    Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Regards

hans Hagmeijer

Sakin
    Keymaster

Hi Hans,

I cannot see your screenshot. Something wrong with the shared URL. So, can you send me your site URL where you are having issue so that I can check what you are doing?

Regards,
    Sakin

HansH
    Participant

Hi Sakin,

I checked the url and I can download the file. There will be something wrong. This weekend there was also something wrong.

The url is routes.toerfietsleusden.nl.
    This is a sub domain of toerfietsleusden.nl

If you need name and password let me know.

Regards

Hans Hagmeijer

Sakin
    Keymaster

Hi Hans,

Can you share your screenshot from google drive as you did before the URL you shared with me looks like private and not accessible? Also, the URL https://routes.toerfietsleusden.nl/ has its own 404.html file on your server, see this https://routes.toerfietsleusden.nl/404.html. This is not from the theme. If you delete that file then you will see the theme 404 page.

Regards,
    Sakin

HansH
    Participant

Hi Sakin,

I trioed to answer you, but your server doesn’t allow that after I tried to create a link. Now I tried for the fourth time and hope that I am more lucky.

Can you please give me e hint where to find the 404 file? Then I can delete this.
    I resetted a few minutes ago the website routes.toerfietsleusden.nl. So this site doesn’t/t work at this moment.

The other website toerfietsleusden.nl isn’t a private website. Mebay the cause is that I block some countries (not Nepal).

Kind regards

Hans Hagmeijer

Sakin
    Keymaster

Hi Hans,

The site https://routes.toerfietsleusden.nl/. Login to your server’s main root folder where you should be default server HTML files like 404.html you need to delete that. You can ask your hosting server support team to find that file.

About the site http://toerfietsleusden.nl/. It is Forbidden for me and I am checking the site from California, US.

Regards,
    Sakin

HansH
    Participant

Hi Sakin,

I unblocked United States, so you can look at it.
    And I did something stupid. Before reading your answer,  in routes.toerfietsleusden.nl I tried to translate the ‘oops’ sentence into dutch in the 404 template. Now the 404 template doesn’t work at all.
    Routes.toerfietsleusden.nl is a sub domain of toerfietsleusden.nl with the same theme. Is it possible to copy the 404 template from toerfietsleusden.nl into routes.toerfietsleusden.nl with ftp? And if it is possible, where can I find the 404.

All the rest of theme is working fine.

Regards

Hans Hagmeijer

HansH
    Participant

Hi sakin,

It seems, that “my” problem can be solved easy of there is a good template 404. With Loco translate, translation is possible.

What I want to do is translate with loco translate the theme into Dutch. This will take a few weeks, because it is evening work.

Kind regards

Hans Hagmeijer

Sakin
    Keymaster

Hi HansH,

The site toerfietsleusden.nl is using a theme 404 template file 404.php inside the ‘travelore-pro’ folder which you can use the translation plugin to translate the 404.php file strings or use 404 sidebar and add heading and paragraph block as per your need. Also, I see that you have enabled Header Media. So, if you want to use the widget then you need to hide the header media text by adding the following CSS in the “Appearance => Customize => Additional CSS” box:

.error404 .header-media { display: none; }

I see that now, you have removed the server 404 from routes.toerfietsleusden.nl and it’s also using the 404 templates. So, you can do the same with it as well.

Regards,
    Sakin

HansH
    Participant

Hi Sakin,

Thank you. You are great.
    We have a great website for a. little sports club.

Kind regards

Hans Hagmeijer

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘404 page’ is closed to new replies.