When you view this page, re Feature Content (4 pictures in center), I want to link each photo to a page. So, therefore these feature content components were made using posts. I think you call them blogs. I selected “Show Full Content,” and the descriptions beneath each photo is the full content on each of the respective Posts. I thought that to link photo to page, I could add the link to the media description for each photo, however that is disabled, so no can do. How else can I link each photo to a Page?
Next, my objective was to make home page look like it is now, so for section below Feature Content, I loaded this information onto the Home page. Not wanting the word “home” to appear above the photo, I deleted Page title. Looks great, however next to the Favicon there now appears nothing. So that was not such a good idea afterall. I looked into moving the “Why Choose Us” graphic into a 2-colume Widget, but there isn’t one available. So, that isn’t the solution.
So now, I’m thinking perhaps your design philosophy and how I interpreted it are completely different. Can you please enlighten me into how I should better layout the information currently shown on the Home page? Thank you in advance.
PS: I also created a Header Menu. In Customize | Menus | Menu Locations | Set Header Menu as primary menu. Then I went to Customize | Header Menu | and arranged menu such that consists of About Us with 3 submenus; Products with 3 submenus; and Contact Us with no submenus. Saved, published and refreshed, and that is not what I see. What I see is 5 items without submenus. Any suggestions of what I did wrong.
Well you can manage Featured Content go to Dashboard=> Appearance=> Customize=> Featured Content option. But as you’ve mentioned, some feature you require is not possible. Using post and page as featured content, it will link to respected posts and pages not other custom links. So for this purpose, I recommend you to use Featured Image Content, so you can use custom images and link to custom post, pages or some external links too.
For homepage, if you don’t want the title to be displayed, this can be removed or hide with Custom CSS.
And about menu, go to Dashbaord=> Appearance=> Menu and select Header Menu and make sure all items already put in the menu. And also make sure that you make the submenu items too (notice the little indent) or else, it’ll act as menu item no sub menu item.
1. Regarding homepage, I added some CSS to not show “home” above “Why Choose Us” section on the home page. That fixed problem.
2. Menu issue. Still not resolved. However looks good on iPad, just not on desktops. Kind of weird considering theme is responsive.
3. Switched to using Featured Image Content, and that seems to have fixed problem. Now images link. Only problem is that images are not even with each other. They are not all on the same line. How can this be fixed?
4. Another question. I would like to add more text on this first page, including, possibly a section on testimonials and a footer menu section. Which widgets are used for this?
2. For menu, we’ll need to check on your server. We’ll contact you through email shortly.
3. Checked you site, the images in Featured Content seems fine, same size all images.
4. Please use Text widgets for text and testimonials and Menu for footer menu.
Re: “For menu, we’ll need to check on your server. We’ll contact you through email shortly.” Never received your contact.
When viewing home page on a Mac, most everything looks good, and most links work. When viewing on a PC with Firefox and Explorer, most everything doesn’t look good, and links don’t work. I’m assuming your theme was checked on multiple platforms. On a Mac the titles for feature content do not show, whereas on a PC, the titles for feature content do show.
@novaglenn: Just tested your site, the menu and featured image issue was because of WP Fastest Cache. And about the dropdown menu, seems like a plugin issue. Please try disabling the plugin one by one and check if that resolves the issue. Since you’ve lots of plugins activated, I don’t want to cause any issue on your live site because of testing. Let me know if any problem.
I removed all pluggins and menus now work. Our site is not live, it is currently in a test mode. So, please make whatever change you need to do.
1. Feature content is still uneven and no titles are showing. Refer to screenshot image: https://www.screencast.com/t/hfi1ocm0r5E6
May not be showing titles because of your suggestion to remove Home page header with CSS code. Without CSS code, the word HOME appeared over the Why Choose Us picture. Perhaps another solution would be to add a picture widget. Couldn’t find one.
2. We may not be adding another home page slider. If that is the case, how do we remove the black/white arrows on both ends of the slider photo? Really should not come up if there is only one slide.
3. Back to adding more information below our “Why Choose Us” picture … looking at available widgets I am guessing that using another text box will utilize all the space below “Why Choose Us” picture and Contact Us text box to the right of the our “Why Choose Us” picture; on the Home Page.
I added the CSS code to the footer, and results didn’t change. Only change was that Testimonial footer reduced in size from full width to left section. So I’m guessing, CSS code needs to be added somewhere else. Where?
@novaglenn: Go to Dashboard=> Pages=> Add/Edit pages, click on Screen Options on the top left beside Help button. Some options will slide down. Make sure Discussion checkbox is checked. Then scroll down below content you’ll see Discussion tab, uncheck Allow Comments option and click Update.
Hello again. On my home page, I’m using a testimonial widget. I would like it to span full page. Now it is loaded into Footer 1 and only shows in left sidebar section as shown here: https://www.screencast.com/t/WRXz1X3X. Do I use a different Footer for full span?
@novaglenn: Seems, you are using two widgets in the widget area that’s why the footer has “two” class, it should be “one”. Using only one footer widget will make the area full-width. And about the full width testimonial, you’ll need to contact the testimonial plugin support for that as it is using 540px with as default.
To move header menu to right, add the following CSS:
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.