Tagged: image slider
March 27, 2015 at 5:27 am #54442michaelaterndrupMember
Is there any way to change the image slider on the free theme?
http://www.orttselec.com/March 27, 2015 at 8:01 am #54449
@michaelaterndrup: Yes, you can. Check out theme instructions for Catch Flames free theme at http://catchthemes.com/theme-instructions/catch-flames/
You can get Featured Page Slider in Free version. So, first you need to create page and add in Featured Image in your page. Then go to “Appearance => Theme Options => Featured Slider => Slider Options”, in Select Slider Type check “Featured Page Slider”. Then you can select your pages in “Appearance => Theme Options => Featured Slider => Featured Page Slider Options”.October 20, 2015 at 5:34 am #78182
Hello, I have Two Questions…
1. Can I add a URL to the featured slider images so when its clicked it goes to my ‘product’ page?
2. How do I remove the ‘Theme: Catch Flames by Catch Themes’ that is at the bottom of the homepage just to the right of the ‘copyright…’?
I appreciate youOctober 20, 2015 at 11:02 am #78201
1. Catch Flames free theme have option only to use slider type as “Featured Page Slider” from “Appearance => Theme Options => Featured Slider => Slider Options
. So for this slider, you need to create page and then add featured image in your page. After that you need to assign that page in slider from “Appearance => Theme Options => Featured Slider => Featured Page Slider Options”. This will take featured image and text from the page selected and will link to respective page.
But if you want independent image slider where you can upload image and link to anywhere you like it then you need to select slider type as “Featured Image Slider”. For this, you need to upgrade to Pro version.
2. To edit/remove the footer copyright information, you need to upgrade to pro version and edit it from “Appearance => Theme Options => Footer Editor Options”. In free version, you need to do it manually by building child theme and editing the code.October 20, 2015 at 10:05 pm #78241
Thanks for your response.
So what’s the upgrade process? Will I have to rebuild all i have done in the free version all over again?October 20, 2015 at 11:55 pm #78252
@Tolu: It will be simple one to upgrade. All your settings will be migrated automatically. You only need to setup new settings. See this screencast at http://devotepress.com/wordpress-writing-editing/upgrade-premium-version-wordpress-themes-eg-adventurous-pro/October 21, 2015 at 12:05 am #78260
okay thanks..will upgrade now.October 21, 2015 at 12:19 am #78266
The video shows I will have to do it all over again. Are you sure all my pages will automatically move and my shopping cart and product?October 21, 2015 at 12:19 am #78267
The video shows I will have to do it all over again. Are you sure all my pages will automatically move and my shopping cart and product?October 21, 2015 at 12:43 am #78273
You are right! Upgrade was automatic and easy. ThanksOctober 21, 2015 at 11:29 am #78284
- The topic ‘Image Slider’ is closed to new replies.