- May 16, 2019 at 10:56 am #172663
Since the 4.0.2 update is the mess in my website.
The update disorganized the entire presentation of the site, and if I come back to previous versions of pro catch, this does not solve anything … I’m stuck since yesterday with an unusable site, it’s horror!
(here is the site … http://jardindeshetres.fr/)
I think that all my personalization of the theme is lost … for example, I had personalized the footer, and now one can read: “Catch Base Pro par Catch Themes”. It’s the standard text, not my text !!!
but I only worked with the dashboard, not with the code.
many customizations have been lost it seems to me …
– The colors of the site;
– The choice of fonts;
– the layout of the homepage: there is a “landscape” image that appeared on the home page, with arrows on the side, which did not exist before.
On the homepage always, this text appeared: “Qui sommes nous “” and “Aménager un jardin de soin au sein d’un établissement de santé,
c’est lui dessiner une nouvelle image, vitrine d’une qualité de vie affichée. C’est aussi regarder autrement les personnes soignées, et la façon de les soigner.»”
– And also my header image has disappeared.
I already have this probleme when I go to the 4.0 theme, and Skandha can help me. Can you help me again, and find a solution for the future update of cathc base pro ?
Thank you for your helpMay 16, 2019 at 11:15 am #172664SchelbiParticipant
Did you create a child theme? If not you need to do it again…May 17, 2019 at 2:42 am #172715
Thank you for your reply. I’m not very computer literate, and do not want to throw it in there. Especially since I have not made any major changes to the theme, just layout, color … I have had no problem with this theme for more than 4 years, and there, 2 times this is a bug …May 17, 2019 at 3:39 am #172720SkandhaKeymaster
@salamali: Hello there,
This is strange as everything seems fine at my end even after update to 4.0.2.
Can you do the following and check if you get your customization after update.
– Revert back to to version where you site was working fine.
– Install and activate Catch Import/Export Plugin
– Go to => Dashboard => Catch Import/Export => Click Export to Export your customizer settings
– Now update the theme to the latest version
– If the customizer settings are not retained Go to => Appearance => Catch Import/Export => Import the .dat file that had exported earlier.
Let me know if this works out!
SkandhaMay 17, 2019 at 11:01 am #172746
that’s OK now. It’s a very easy solution !!!
Thank you very much, Y keep the solution in memory for the next update !
SarahMay 17, 2019 at 10:26 pm #172769SkandhaKeymaster
@salamali: Hello Sarah,
I hope I was able to resolve your issue. If it’s not too much trouble, I have a quick request: could you please leave an honest review?
Your review will help others know what to expect when they’re looking for the support I offer. Even a sentence or two would be hugely appreciated. Thanks, and if there’s anything else at all that I can do to help, don’t hesitate to let me know. Have a good day! 🙂
- The topic ‘URGENT – Bug with 4.0.2 catch base pro update’ is closed to new replies.