- May 12, 2018 at 1:26 am #145571
– Latest posts don’t update on homepage, but register in archives.
– The number of posts does not match the specified number in Settings/Reading
Tried it all, but nothing fixed the issue:
– Checked ALL plugins (deactivated, reactivated)
– Browser reset
– Changed settings from show latest posts to static page
– Deleted child theme and reactivated
– Re-installed theme
Nothing fixed the issue. So, this makes me think that it is the theme itself that developed a bug.
The link to the post not showing: https://www.rockmusicraider.com/carach-angren-dance-and-laugh-amongst-the-rotten-review/
Link to the main page: https://www.rockmusicraider.com
Please help, this is urgent. A dysfunctional website is no good at all.May 13, 2018 at 3:46 am #145598
@rockmusicraider: I will look into the issue and get back to you soon on this.
SkandhaMay 13, 2018 at 4:34 am #145603
Thanks, man. Appreciate it.May 15, 2018 at 11:50 pm #145805
I have an update on the posts that don’t publish:
– The incident appears to be linked to an update to the Social Warfare plugin that caused considerable trouble.
– It seems that somehow the category functionality is corrupted. No re-install of theme or WordPress seems to fix it.
– Here is what I see:
– Only posts published on the date of the incident with the plugin or later don’t show on the blog page.
– Newly created categories don’t show on the blog page
– If I switch to a pre-existing category, the post will show up.
I am mystified. If you have any wisdom, please share.
RMRMay 16, 2018 at 2:07 am #145814
@rockmusicraider: Does the issue get resolved when you deactivate the plugin? If yes, you will need to contact the plugin support or search for an alternative plugin which does the same work.
SkandhaMay 16, 2018 at 5:57 am #145882
@skandha: No, not at all. The plugin is deactivated now and the problem is still there. I also deleted it before and reinstalled, problem persists. The other plugins are not the cause of the issue neither. So, I am at a loss.
RMRMay 16, 2018 at 1:25 pm #145900
OK, found issue with the non-published pages. This incident somehow corrupted the frontpage category settings. When I deleted the current and reset it all, it came back. The theme is now working fine for the posting.
The open issue is that the number of posts specified in the settings/reading panel sometimes does not match with the posts actually shown on the front page. Any idea what could cause this?May 18, 2018 at 6:37 am #146066
@rockmusicraider: Please try clearing your browser cache. This might solve the issue. Please update your theme if you are using an old version of the theme.
SkandhaMay 18, 2018 at 8:25 am #146081
Browser cache has been done some time ago. Tested it on Edge, Chrome and Firefox and it returns the same error. Tests were done on normal browsing and private, again same result.
The theme is the latest version.
RMRMay 21, 2018 at 11:52 pm #146220May 25, 2018 at 6:38 am #146532
The topic ‘Posts don't publish on Homepage / Number of posts not matching’ is closed to new replies.