– Latest posts don’t update on homepage, but register in archives.
– The number of posts does not match the specified number in Settings/Reading
Tried it all, but nothing fixed the issue:
– Checked ALL plugins (deactivated, reactivated)
– Browser reset
– Changed settings from show latest posts to static page
– Deleted child theme and reactivated
– Re-installed theme
Nothing fixed the issue. So, this makes me think that it is the theme itself that developed a bug.
I have an update on the posts that don’t publish:
– The incident appears to be linked to an update to the Social Warfare plugin that caused considerable trouble.
– It seems that somehow the category functionality is corrupted. No re-install of theme or WordPress seems to fix it.
– Here is what I see:
– Only posts published on the date of the incident with the plugin or later don’t show on the blog page.
– Newly created categories don’t show on the blog page
– If I switch to a pre-existing category, the post will show up.
I am mystified. If you have any wisdom, please share.
@skandha: No, not at all. The plugin is deactivated now and the problem is still there. I also deleted it before and reinstalled, problem persists. The other plugins are not the cause of the issue neither. So, I am at a loss.
OK, found issue with the non-published pages. This incident somehow corrupted the frontpage category settings. When I deleted the current and reset it all, it came back. The theme is now working fine for the posting.
The open issue is that the number of posts specified in the settings/reading panel sometimes does not match with the posts actually shown on the front page. Any idea what could cause this?
@rockmusicraider: It will be easier for us to resolve the issue if you provide us the admin access. Without the access it is pretty difficult to know what the problem really is.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.