I was wondering about when to make a Child Theme.
I am going to start to introduce some changes in the theme.
My question is:
– When is advisable to make a Child Theme and why?
– Are child themes also updated with the theme updates?
– If I introduce changes to the theme and the theme is updated do I risk loosing my changes?
Waiting to hear from you and thanking you in advance,
– It is suitable to create a child theme when you have to edit any core theme files in order to change or add some features to the theme that cannot be achieved with the available theme options.
– Child themes don’t need to be updated. It is just a part of the parent theme.
– To avoid losing the changes you have made a child theme is created. If you edit core theme files of the parent theme those changes will be lost when you update the theme. So any changes that require modification of theme files should be done in the child theme.
Let me know if you have any more questions.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.