Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lesliekirk
    Participant

I just updated to the latest version of Catch Kathmandu. I cannot even log into the WordPress admin to try and change to another theme. Every link is giving a “This page isn’t working HTTP ERROR 500”. I have contacted the host to see if they have any ideas, but if anyone else has any suggestion, please send them along. The blog is dead right now.

Thanks,
    Leslie

Skandha
    Participant

@lesliekirk: Please post in your site URL so that I can look into the issue.

Kind Regards,
    Skandha

lesliekirk
    Participant

Following up on this. I had to overwrite the update with an older copy of the Catch Kathmandu to get the WordPress site working again. I have no idea why the update killed the enter site, but it did.

lesliekirk
    Participant

My apologizes Skandha, I didn’t see your reply until after I had made my reply. I had to roll back to an older version. The entire site was down, including the admin. Providing the site URL at that time wouldn’t have given much to go on.

lesliekirk
    Participant

FYI – the version I had available to roll back to was Version: 3.9.2

Skandha
    Participant

@lesliekirk: Can you please try again updating the theme and check if the issue arises again. To be on the safe side backup your current theme during update.

Let me know if the issue persists!
    Kind Regards,
    Skandha

Ville-wp
    Participant

Hi Skandha,

I noticed the same problems when trying to upgrade from 3.9.4 to 3.9.7: Complete site including admin part becomes non-functional.

My site is still on WP 4.6.12.
    Among other plugins, I am using “Multisite Language Switcher” and “Content Aware Sidebars”.
    Have a look: http://www.st-ie.com

Like lesliekirk, I had to roll back to the previous version (3.9.4 in my case), which restored functionality.

Kind regards,
    Skandha
    Participant

@ville-wp: Please try updating the theme again and let me know if the issue arises again. Also can you also update the WordPress Core so you can be head to head with the latest updates.

Kind Regards,
    Skandha

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘500 Error after updating’ is closed to new replies.