Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    AprilMack
    Participant

Hello! After not having a blog on my website for a little while, I’ve decided to add one. I want my homepage to remain a static page and to put the blog as a link in the menu bar (I know how to do this and will add it later).

I’ve created the page for my blog and designated it as my blog page in WordPress, so no issues there. But for some reason it wants to include a header image and logo on this page even though it’s not the homepage. I can’t get rid of it.

This is the blog page: http://aprilmackwrites.com/flashfiction

1. How do I get rid of the header (the grayed out area and the “April Mack Writes” logo)? I went under Appearance > Customize > Header Media, and the “Enable on” drop down menu is set to “Homepage / Frontpage” so I don’t know why it’s showing here.

If I edit the page directly I see that under “Custom Fields” it includes “featured image” and “featured header.” I thought if I deleted these that might fix it but when I update the page they come right back.

Screenshot

2. How do I change the title “Blog” to “Flash Fiction” instead? I can’t find where I can edit this directly. The page is named “Flash Fiction” already and the slug is “flashfiction,” but it still displays as “Blog.”

Thank you.

Skandha
    Participant

@aprilmack: Hello there,
    1. To remove the Header Logo from Blog page
    Go to => Appearance => Customize => Additional CSS and add the following CSS Code.

.blog .custom-header {
        display: none;
    }

2. This will be fixed in the upcoming theme update.

Let me know if this works out!
    Kind Regards,
    Skandha

AprilMack
    Participant

Thank you, that worked for removing the header and logo!

Can you give me a projected date for the next theme update please? (In the meantime, I’ve hidden the blog title using code you posted in another forum thread.)

Skandha
    Participant

@aprilmack: Hello there,
    The update should be released within few days.

Kind Regards,
    Skandha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘1. Removing header from blog and 2. retitling the page’ is closed to new replies.