Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wwwalker

When I upgraded to Catch Box 4.2.1 with WordPress 4.4.1 gallery went from 3 columns to 1 column.

I cannot find CSS in Catch Box to fix this.

There is a style gallery-columns-3 but I cannot see how WordPress and Catch Box theme interact to pass the data.column field to get right column layout (3 not 1).

There is no Theme option to fix this.

Earlier versions of Catch Box did not reduce columns from 3 to 1.

3 columns is set in gallery settings but Catch Box Theme is not displaying 3 columns.

I use Gallery Carousel without Jetpack and I want 3 columns of images then when person clicks on one the carousel is opened.

That works but 3 column layout does not since theme upgrade.

This problem of 1 column not 3 columns does not occur with TwentySixteen theme only Catch Box 4.2.1 theme.

Site: mepsa.org – click on gallery and any year – they are all 1 column now not 3 like before upgrade of theme.

Mahesh
    Keymaster

Hi @wwwalker,

Just checked your website and your current theme version is 4.2.1. it seems you have managed it the issue with Custom CSS. The issue has been fixed in the latest update Catch Box 4.3 . Please update to the latest release.

Regards,
    Mahesh

wwwalker

I updated to 4.3.

Thanks for update.

Yes custom CSS is needed to handle poor layout of captions forcing less than 3 columns.

Because of various sizes and shapes of images it is hard to proportion the images without screwing up neighbouring images so I just stuck with oblong images in regular size blocks.

I may resize the individual images that are odd man out square images so I don’t screw up the rest of the regular landscape images.

Mahesh
    Keymaster

Hi @wwwalker,

Yes, sometimes image’s sizes and proportions do affect the layout even with proper CSS. And sometimes Custom CSS seems to be necessity.

Regards,
    Mahesh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘1 column not 3 columns for gallery’ is closed to new replies.