- March 27, 2013 at 4:44 pm #5958holidaymonkeyMember
Hi there 🙂
A couple of questions I’m hoping you can help with for http://www.holidaymonkey.net
1. I currently have my blog posts appearing on the front page which I’m happy with. I’d also like to have a blog page. Is it possible for them to appear on both? Eg, the latest appearing on the front page and all on the blog page?
2. I like have a ‘home’ titled page as I don’t think everyone knows that you can click on the logo to get back to home. I’ve set one up on the site currently but when someone clicks on home I want it to go to the same location that they would get to if they were clicking the logo. Is this possible?
3. Is it possible to remove the text underneath the slider image? ie, the first few lines of the blog post and then continue reading?
4. How can I reduce the font size of the blog post headings on the front page? Font, colour etc are all fine, just want to reduce size.
Thanks for your help!March 27, 2013 at 5:43 pm #5975cbtoolkitMember
I’ll answer what I would do – don’t know if it is the best answer.
1) you could create a blog category called “blog” or “all” and categorize each post with that. Then create a category menu item and title it, “all entries”. I use a plug-in titled, List category posts for this purpose.
I add it to a single page using my “blog” category. This is my page… I don’t include an excerpt of anything but you can.
2) Create a custom menu item titled as “Home” and simply point it at the root of your site.
3) I purchased Catch Box Pro. Instead of your slider being a post or page slider, make it an image slider and simply do not add the excerpt text when you define the images to include in the slider. That is what I do. It is worth the $29.
4) The Pro theme also allows you to define font-size for the headings and many other things.
I hope this helps.March 28, 2013 at 11:15 pm #6077
- The topic ‘Home & Blog Page’ is closed to new replies.