- September 20, 2017 at 5:52 pm #122719
This site just went public today, with a lot of problems getting it to resolve properly. The slider completely emptied and had to be rebuilt. Many things are missing from mobile:
- At this point when I go to it on mobile android the home page text is there, but the logo, main navigation and slider are all missing. The header top menu and footer menu are both missing, only leaving what we consider a sub menu but you label primary in the customizer. Nothing identifies the site as the business it represents, and nothing which will allow visitors to view rooms is accessible.
- This is for a hotel, and one of the items from the sidebar is a ‘check availability’ button. If the sidebar isn’t going to show I need a way to show this and possibly one other item from it on mobile. This is important!
- I also need to change the color of the top menu and search field for mobile from the provided blue to something more in line with the colors of the rest of the website.
thank youSeptember 20, 2017 at 7:39 pm #122731
Update – I found some code for the top bar colors and went back to check the site again. Now, on the home page only, the slider, logo, menus and check availbility button are all showing. I didn’t do anything and this definitely wasn’t there before – plus it’s a new phone so cache issues are highly unlikely!
If any page link is followed the logo, menu issues and missing sidebar content are all still a problem. It is also odd that when the menu which is most persistent is opened there is no easy way to close it again unless you click on a page link.
Regarding the colors, WordPress decided I was ‘cheating’ and wouldn’t save my CSS changes. The color of the top bar is still blue on all of those pages. I don’t know if what I was going to do is going to work or not.
Fyi, intermittently this site comes up with an old theme hosted on wordpress.com. This is also in the process of being resolved…
thank you in advance.September 22, 2017 at 1:19 am #122838tikaramKeymaster
@catwingz : I checked the site from my end and all the slider, logo and sidebar are appearing on your site. Please try checking your site from other devices. If the problem still persists let me go.
TikaramSeptember 22, 2017 at 12:58 pm #122894
At this point the home page of the site is showing up correctly on mobile some of the time. However, if the menu that you refer to as primary is opened there is no way to close it. The only way to get past it is to click on one of the links. This leads to a page with no logo and the menu we consider to be the main one missing. For the secondary pages the colors of the menu and search bar which show are blue, not the color needed. If I hit the back button to get back to the home page with the rest of the navigation I find that the logo, banner,sidebar, and upper menu have disappeared, leaving the whole site with only what we consider sub-navigation available, and no ‘check availability’ button from the sidebar. This is NOT working!!!
Please help with this. It is a very small hotel and needs to have mobile working properly.
thank youSeptember 23, 2017 at 10:08 pm #122949PratikKeymaster
It looks like you have Jetpack mobile site enabled. Please disable it and your site will work fine. Again, this is due to Jetpack mobile site.
- The topic ‘Lots of things missing from mobile’ is closed to new replies.