Photo Journal Pro is a premium photography WordPress theme that’s been crafted with simplicity and creativity in mind. The theme focuses on providing the best for creative personas like photographers, photo bloggers, graphic designers, and other creative freelancers who want a touch of both class and minimalism. Dozens of specific, customizable portfolio and gallery settings will ensure your images and high resolution photography truly pop in a memorable and auspicious way. The dark concept in the theme adds extra charm to your photography exposure. Features like Header Media with Firefly Effects, Countdown, Timeline, Gallery, Workshop, Service, Team, Featured Video, Portfolio, Promotional Headline, Logo Slider, and more have been added in Photo Journal Pro. Supple HTML5 coding underpins a media-savvy theme that can handle high resolution photography and embedded video with utter ease and dexterity. Photo Journal Pro is the ultimate theme if you want simplicity, customizability and image-centered design with a touch of boldness in it.
The most powerful feature of Catch Themes is its Theme Options which will allow you to easily customize your website with clicks. So, now you no longer need to be a designer or a programmer to build customized websites. Theme Options allow you to toggle on and off features, adjust layouts, change colors, fonts, logo, favicon, background, add social links and custom CSS.
One of the key features of our themes is that your website will magically respond and adapt to different screen sizes delivering an optimized design for iPhones, iPads, and other mobile devices. No longer will you need to zoom and scroll around when browsing on your mobile phone.
Featured Post Slider
Featured Slider is an option that is helpful to highlight noteworthy posts on your site. You can have columns of content as well as selected images set on your post slider. The fun part is, you get to decide for how long a post stays on your page before something else comes up on the slider. How will you make that happen? By exercising your control over different slide effects and their timing!
Webmaster Tools option helps you to minutely manage your site. Firstly, it helps to verify the site in Google, Yahoo and Bing. Additionally, whether it is something like site optimization, keeping track of your site traffic or overseeing and altering your display settings, you can call the shots for you site through Webmaster tools. These tools also allow you to add to your site Header and Footer Scripts like Google Analytics, Site Stats, Facebook, twitter and much more.
Our themes have widgetized areas commonly known as sidebar. Here, you can add up various widgets and customize their display to satisfy your unique needs.
We have a great line of support team and support documentation. You do not need to worry about how to use the themes we provide, just refer to our Tech Support segment. Further, if you need to do advanced customization to your website, you can always hire our theme customizer!
Featured Image Slider
Featured Image Slider allows you to not only add images, but also write a description for them. If a descriptive caption would not suffice, you also have the option of providing a clickable link. This way, as per your unique needs, should you require, you can easily add a URL to your content.
Featured Page Slider
Featured Page Slider is an option that is helpful to highlight noteworthy pages on your site. You can have columns of content as well as selected images set on your page slider. The fun part is, you get to decide for how long a page stays on your page before something else comes up on the slider. How will you make that happen? By exercising your control over different slide effects and their timing!
Featured Content allows you to highlight your recent & popular posts on your website. It can either be displayed on Homepage or the entire site. You can add your title and sub-title for featured content, select the number of featured content, display Meta, select multiple categories, and enjoy displaying your featured & recent posts.
Every website owner wants the world to know about the services they provide. It allows you to place the services you provide for your customers on the spotlight. Choose to display the services in 2 to 4 columns. Display your services on the homepage only or on the entire website.
You can choose different types of stylish and engaging fonts for your Site Title, Tagline, Headline Tags, Content Title, and Content Body. Choose the font that suits best for your website from the font family options and makes your website more striking.
You can now display the best assets of your website with the Hero Content feature. The feature allows you to highlight the most important content in a fashion that is easily attention-grabbing. You can enable the hero content either on Homepage or the entire site. Hero Content - the easiest way to display your strengths.
WordPress Standard Codes
Our code is secure and optimized. We do proper data validation and sanitization and follow core theme guidelines. Our developers are active contributors to WordPress theme review and WordPress core. Our themes will always be updated as things change in WordPress.
People are always curious about what your goods and services are really like. Since customer testimonials are candid and not by the company promoting the product, they assist in building trust. You can display testimonials on Homepage, the entire site or disable it completely.
Portfolio empowers you to showcase your professional skills and accomplishments to the world at large. Display your Portfolio in an elegant manner on the Homepage/Frontpage, the entire site or you can also disable it completely if you don’t need it. An astounding way to easily display your experience, skills, talent, and expertise.
Sections Sorter allows you to organize various sections on your website by manually sorting them. Simply drag and drop the sections to your desired position and display them orderly.The cool feature in this option is that you can not only rearrange the order but also can quickly edit those sections from Sections Sorter option if you want any changes.
- Theme Options
- Responsive Design
- Featured Slider
- Webmaster Tools
- Alternative Styles
- Page Templates
- Color Options
- Featured Thumbnail
- Threaded Comments
- Dropdown Menu
- Excerpt Length
- Gravatar Ready
- Countdown Timer
- Localized for translations
- Custom Header / Logo
- Custom Favicon
- Custom Menu
- Custom Footer
- Custom Background
- Custom Layout
- Custom Widget
- Custom Fonts
- Custom Homepage
- Custom CSS
- WooCommerce Ready
- WPML Ready
- Header Highlight Content
- Hero Content
- Logo Slider
- Header Video
- Featured Content
- WordPress Standard Codes
- Promotion Headline
- Sections Sorter
Free Vs Pro (Premium)
|Super Easy Setup|
|Color Options for various sections|
|Base Color Scheme: Light, Gray, Red and Yellow|
|Social Header Menu|
|Social Footer Menu|
|Featured content: Post|
|Featured content: Page|
|Featured content: Category|
|Featured content: Custom|
|Featured content: Custom Post Types|
|Featured Slider: Post|
|Featured Slider: Page|
|Featured Slider: Category|
|Featured Slider: Custom|
|Font Family Options|
|Footer Editor Options|
|Hero Content: Page|
|Site Layout: Boxed/Fluid|
|Default Layout: Right Sidebar ( Content, Primary Sidebar )|
|Default Layout: Left Sidebar ( Primary Sidebar, Content )|
|Default Layout: No Sidebar|
|Default Layout: No Sidebar: Full Width|
|Homepage/Archive Layout: Right Sidebar|
|Homepage/Archive Layout: Left Sidebar|
|Homepage/Archive Layout:No Sidebar|
|Homepage/Archive Layout:Full Width|
|Single Page/Post Image: Post Thumbnai|
|Single Page/Post Image: Slider Image Size(1920*822)|
|Single Page/Post Image: Original Image Size|
|Logo Slider: Page|
|Logo Slider: Post|
|Logo Slider: Category|
|Logo Slider: Custom|
|Menu Options: enable/disable Primary Menu|
|Menu Options: enable/disable search|
|Menu Options: edit Primary Mobile Menu Label|
|Portfolio: Custom Post Type|
|Promotion Headline: Page|
|Promotion Headline: Post|
|Promotion Headline: Category|
|Promotion Headline: Custom|
|Service: Custom Post Type|
|Scroll Up Options|
|Testimonials: Custom Post Type|
#How to install theme?Go to this link
#How to update theme to the latest version?Go to this link
Always Set Featured ImagesThis theme relies heavily on Featured Images. If your post is missing a Featured Image, the post image will not show up on homepage, on archived pages and on Featured Page Slider Content. Click Here to see how to add Featured Image in your Post/Page.
#Image Sizes in px:
Featured Slider/ Promotion Headline
#How to add Featured Image in Post/Page?Go to this link.
#Regenerate ThumbnailsFor regenerate thumbnails got to this link
#Widget Area (Sidebar)Photo Journal Pro supports 16 widgetized (Sidebar) areas that are 1.Sidebar, 2. Footer Area One, 3. Footer Area Two, 4. Footer Area Three, 5. Footer Area Four, 6. Content Bottom1, 7. Content Bottom 2, 8. 404 Page Not Found Content, 9. Optional Homepage Sidebar, 10. Optional Archive Sidebar, 11. Optional Page Sidebar, 12. Optional Post Sidebar, 13. Optional Sidebar One, 14. Optional Sidebar Two, 15. Optional Sidebar Three and 16. Instagram. Go to "Appearance => Customize => Widgets" in WordPress.
#MenusPhoto Journal Pro offers exciting Menu Options! This theme supports and recommends using "Custom Menus". You can create Custom Menu through "Appearance => Menus" from your WordPress Dashboard.
Select Menu Locations
You can assign your custom menu in 5 different locations. You assign it either from "Appearance => Customize => Menus => Manage Location" or from "Appearance => Menus => Manage Location"
Select your Custom Menu as Primary Menu to display it as the Main Menu, which will replace the default Page Menu
Select your custom menu as Secondary Menu to display Menu below Primary Menu
Select your menu as Social Header Menu to display Social links header
Select your custom menu as Footer Menu to display Menu in Footer Area
Select your menu as Social Footer Menu to display social links on footer
#Customizer (Theme Options)You can customize this theme using cool additional features through Customizer at "Appearance => Customize" from your WordPress Dashboard
#How to add Logo?Go to this link
#How to enable/disable Site Title and TaglineGo to this link
#How to add Site Icon (Favicon/Web Clip Icon)?Go to this link
#Header ImageGo to this link
#How to Change and Enable Custom Header Image?Go to this link
#Comment OptionsGo to this link
#Comment OptionsPhoto Journal Pro supports Contact section, here you have 3 different sections "Contact Info", "Contact Form" and "Map"are the steps:
- Go to Theme Options => Customize => Contact
- Enable Contact on Homepage/Frontpage or Entire Site
- Under "Contact Info " add Image #1 Address Title, Address Description, Image #3 Phone, Email title, email, working hours, under respective field
- Under "Contact Form" choose type as "Page, Post and Custom"
- Under map choose map type as custom code or image, add content under respective fields
- Finally Save & Publish
#CountdowmPhoto Journal Pro allows you to add countdown feature in your website. Here you can add starting and ending date and time of your event. Follow the following steps to add this feauture:
- Go to "Appearence => Customoze => Theme Options => Countdowmn"
- Enable countdown feauture under selecting option "Enable on"
- Change the Title and subtitle according to your desire
- Then under Start date/time, add the date and timings(It must be before todays date)
- Again under End Date/Time, add the date and timings(It must be after todays date)
- Further option to change Color Scheme, Button Text and Button link and open link on New Window/Tab
- Finally, click on "Save & Publish"
#EventsPhoto Journal pro supports Page, Post, Category and Custom as event.
Go to this link for event
#How to Change the Excerpt Length and Read More Text?Go to this link
- Go to "Customize => Theme Options => Team" from your WordPress Dashboard
- To enable featured stats, select "Homepage/ FrontPage or Entire Site" option under "Enable on"
- Under "Type", you need to select "Post, Page, Category, Image" as per your need
- If you select Post as team type, choose Post under Post 1, Post 2 and so on
- If you select Page as team type, choose Page under Page 1, Page 2 and so on
- If you select Category as team type, choose categories under Select Categories
- If you select Custom as Fabulous team type then, under Team#1, Team#2 and so on add "Title", "Position", "Content", "Button Text" and "Button Link" as per your need
- Further option to "Select Layout", "Number of items"
- Finally, click on "Save & Publish"
#Featured ContentPhoto Journal Pro supports 5 featured content types to choose from: 1. Post, 2. Page, 3. Category, 4.Custom and 5. Custom Post Type . For Featured Content Options, go to "Appearance => Customize => Featured Content".
Go to this link
#How to use Featured Content using Custom Post Type?Go to this link
#Featured SliderPhoto Journal Pro supports 4 featured slider types they are: 1. Post , 2. Page, 3. Category and 4. Custom. For Featured Slider Options, go to "Appearance => Customize => Theme Options =>Featured Slider".
Go to this link for featured slider.
#Featured VideoPhoto Journal Pro supports featured video feature. This option allows you to add Videos related to your event.
- Go to "Appearence => Customoze => Theme Options => Featured Video"
- Enable featured video by selecting option under "Enable On"
- Then select the background, layout, lighbox option, title and archive content for your video as per your desire
- Select the number of video you want to show cas by selecting option under "No of Featured Video"
- Add Video Url under option Video Url 1, Video Url 2 and so on
- Finally, click on "Save & Publish"
#How to select different font for different sections?Go to this link
#How to edit Footer Content?Go to this link Note: To reset Footer Content check option "Check to reset Footer Content"
#How to add Gallery?Photo Journal Pro support Gallery feature in the theme. You can choose Post, Page and Category type as your gallery.
- Go to "Appearence => Customoze => Theme Options => Gallery"
- Under type select Page, Post or Category as per your desire
- If you select type as Page, then select the page you want to display as gallery
- If you select type as Post then select the post you want to display as gallery
- If you select type as category then select the category you want to display as gallery
- Finally click on "Save and Publish"
#Hero ContentPhoto Journal Pro supports 4 Hero Content types to choose from:1. Post , 2. Page, 3. Category and 4. Custom. For Hero Content Options, go to "Appearance => Customize => Theme Options => Hero Content Options".
Go to this link
#Layout OptionsPhoto Journal Pro has 2 Site Layout, 4 Default Layout, 4 Homepage/Archive Layout, 4 Single Page/Post Image and 4 Woocommerce Layout options image layout to choose from "Appearance => Customize => Theme Options => Layout Options"
Once you are in Layout Options, you can Check the option below "Site Layout" which will set your site layout.
Once you are in Layout Options, you can Check the box below "Default Layout Options" which will set our site layout. Further, you have the choice of selecting custom layout for individual pages and posts through "Photo Journal Options => Layout Options", which you shall find below individual posts and pages, when you click on them for adding/editing
Once you are in Layout Options, you can Check the box below "Homepage/Archive Layout" which will set our layout for Homepage/Archive Page. Further, you have the choice of selecting custom layout for individual pages and posts through "Photo Journal Options => Layout Options", which you shall find below individual posts and pages, when you click on them for adding/editing
Single Page/Post Image Layout
Once you are in Layout Options, you can Check the box below "Single Page/Post Image Layout" which will set our posts/page image layout. Further, you have the choice of selecting Single Page/Post Image Layout for individual pages and posts through "higher-education Options => Single Page/Post Image Layout", which you shall find below individual posts and pages, when you click on them for adding/editing.
Select layout for your WooCommerce pages. Option to choose from 4 Layout Options: i. Left Sidebar(Primary Sidebar,Content), ii. No Sidebar, iii. No Sidebar:Full Width and iv. Right Sidebar(Content,Primary Sidebar)
#Menu OptionsPhoto Journal Pro supports extra menu option. Go to "Appearace => Customize=> Theme Options=> Menu Options". Under this option you will find:
- Option to enable/disable primary menu
- Option to enable/disable search
- Option to change Primary Mobile Menu Label
#How to add Logo Slider?Go to this link https://catchthemes.com/frequently-asked-questions/#question-customization-54
#How to change Pagination Options?Go to this link
#How to add portfolio?Photo Journal supports Page, Post, Category, Custom and Custom Post Type as Portfolio. Go to this link
#How to add portfolio using Custom Post Type?Go to this link
#How to add pricing in theme?Photo Journal Pro suppors pricing, here is how you add it:
- Go to "Appearence => Customoze => Theme Options => Pricing"
- Enable pricing under "Enable on", either in homepage/frontpage or entire site
- Select content type under "Type" as page, post, category or custom
- Fill the content as per respective headings
- Further option to change layout, headline, subheadline and numbers of items, display content and currency
- Finally, click Publish
#Promotional HeadlineGo to this link
#Promotion ContactPhoto Journal Pro supports promotion contact.
- Go to "Appearence => Customoze => Theme Options => Promotion Contact
- Enable promotion contact under "Enable on", either in homepage/frontpage or entire site
- Add background image, edit background image overlay, headline, sub-headline, content you want to display in this section
- Further option to enable/disable text in white color, edit more button text and add more button link
- Finally, click Publish
#How to enable/disable Scrollup feature?Go to this link
#How to change default text in search box?Go to this link
#Section SorterPhoto Journal Pro supports section sorter. The Sections Sorter is a feature that allows you to organize various sections on your website by manually sorting them. You can now rearrange and put forward the section that you want your visitors to see first.
You can sort the sections of your website by visiting Customize => Theme Options => Sections Sorter. Simply drag and drop the sections to your desired position and display them orderly. Also, another cool feature in this option is that you can not only rearrange the order but also can quickly edit those sections from Sections Sorter option if you want any changes.
#How to add service?Photo Journal supports Page, Post, Category, Custom and Custom Post Type as Service. Go to this link
#How to add service using Custom Post Type?Go to this link
#How to add testimonial?Photo Journal supports Page, Post, Category, Custom and Custom Post Type as Testimonial. Go to this link
#How to add testimonial using Custom Post Type?Go to this link
#How to add timeline?
- Go to "Customize => Theme Options => Timeline" from your WordPress Dashboard
- To enable featured timeline, select "Homepage/ FrontPage or Entire Site" option under "Enable on"
- Under "Type", you need to select "Post, Page, Category, Custom" as per your need
- If you select Post as timeline type, choose Post under Post 1, Post 2 and so on
- If you select Page as timeline type, choose Page under Page 1, Page 2 and so on
- If you select Category as timeline type, choose categories under Select Categories
- If you select Custom as timeline type then, under Team#1, Team#2 and so on add "Title", "Position", "Content", "Button Text" and "Button Link" as per your need
- Further option to "Select Layout", "Number of items"
- Finally, click on "Save & Publish"
#How to enable/disable update notifications?Go to this linklink
#WidgetsPhoto Journal Pro has 2 Widgets to choose from. They are: 1. CT: History Widgets and 2. CT: Social Icons. You can add widget in widget area as per your need.
#How to add Widgets in widget area?You can add widgets to your widget area from two location Go to this link for more detail.
#Additional CSSGo to this link for more detail.
#Webmaster ToolsGo to this link for more detail
#Translating Your Theme with WPMLGo to this link for more detail
* Catch Web Tools for Webmaster Tools
* To Top
* Catch IDs
* Essential Content Type
* Contact Form 7 for Contact Form
* WooCommerce for E-commerce
* WPML for multi-language
* WP-PageNavi for Numeric Pagination
* Regenerate Thumbnails to for Regenerating Thumbnails
* Jetpack for Infinite Scroll, Gallery, Stats, Titled Gallery, Image CDN and many more
2.0 (Released: July 02, 2020)
- Bug Fixed: hex2rgb function call issue
- New Sections Added:
- Promotional Contact
- contact section
- Features Added:
- Image overlay option in header media
- Image overlay option in promotion headline
- Text alignment option in services section
- Footer Color option
- Gradient background option
- Gradient button option
- Corporate color scheme added
1.2 (Released: June 06, 2020)
- Updated: Customizer reset button moved to the bottom
- Updated: readme.txt and style.css as per the new requirements
1.1.3 (Released: April 22, 2020)
- Bug Fixed: Skip to content color style
1.1.2 (Released: April 21, 2020)
- Bug Fixed: Color issue in editor blocks
- Updated: Updater support for child theme
1.1.1 (Released: November 15, 2019)
- Bug Fixed: Section Sorter Compatibility issue with WordPress 5.3
- Bug Fixed: Multi Category Sanitization issue
1.1 (Released: October 22, 2019)
- Added: Automatic Update using license key
(Released: September 09, 2019)
- Initial release