Catch Web Tools is a top-notch modular plugin that can greatly enhance the capabilities of a WordPress website with its powerful features.
== Description ==
Catch Web Tools is a modular plugin that powers up your WordPress site with simple and utilitarian features. It currently offers Webmaster Tool, Open Graph, Custom CSS, Social Icons, Security, Updator and Basic SEO optimization modules with more addition in updates to come.
= Here are some quick reasons why you should check these out! =
Let’s begin with how easy the setup process is. It’s just a matter of clicks.
One usual assumption people have is like when a plugin offers multiple features and facilities, it loads slow. However, Catch Web Tools offers modular plugins that you activate manually. Which simply means, that if there are 50 different facilities the plugin offers, your site won’t take the load of those 50 features unless you activate them. You have the option of activating manually the exact feature’s you need and not unnecessarily overload your site.
Catch Web Tools is available for free downloads at this point. Which means, you will get a lot of advanced features that would make your site interesting, efficient and professional – for free!
Catch Web Tools use clean coding that follows WordPress’s standard guideline. Which means, zero hassles and perfect compatibility with your themes!
= Premium Support =
Catch Themes team does not provide support for the Catch Web Tools plugin on the WordPress.org forums. Support is provided at https://catchthemes.com/support-forum/forum/catch-web-tools/
= Translation =
Catch Web Tools plugin is translation ready.
Added Translation for Brazilian Portuguese by Valdir Trombini
Added Translation for Serbo-Croatian by Andrijana Nikolic
== Installation ==
= Installing Catch Web Tools Plugin through WordPress admin panel =
1. Go to “Plugins => Add New” from your WordPress Dashboard
2. Search “Catch Web Tools” and you will see the “Catch Web Tools” plugin
3. Click on “Install Now” and then “Activate”
4. It’s all done. You’ll then see “Catch Web Tools” settings page, from which you can enable or disable the modules as per your need.
= Installing Catch Web Tools Plugin through FTP access =
1. Click on Download Catch Web Tools Plugin to download the plugin zip file
2. Then extract the zip file (catch-web-tools.zip) that you have downloaded
3. Using an FTP client to access your host web server. Go to /wp-content/plugins/ and upload the “catch-web-tools” folder
4. Then go to “Plugins” in your WordPress Admin Panel and click on “Activate”
5. It’s all done. You’ll then see “Catch Web Tools” settings page, from which you can enable or disable the modules as per your need.
= Webmaster Tools =
Webmaster Tools is a very popular solution for your website and it is highly recommended by webmasters. It will help you with the Search Engine Ranking Optimization of your website.
Click on the Activate button in the Catch Web Tools Dashboard or Check the Enable Webmaster module to enable webmaster tools.
Feed Redirect/Custom Feeds
* This section allows you to add in custom feed URL which will redirect default WordPress Feed. If your custom feed(s) are not handled by Feedblitz or Feedburner, do not use the redirect options.
Header and Footer Scripts Section
* This section has facilities provided so that any script from Google, Facebook, Google Analytics etc. can be placed, which will load on Header or Footer.
Site Verification Section
* This section allows addition of verification ID from Google, Bing and Alexa here to validate site.
= Catch Updater =
Click on the Activate button in the Catch Web Tools Dashboard.
Catch Updater is a simple and lightweight WordPress Theme Updater Module, which enables you to update your themes easily using WordPress Admin Panel. Now, you can simple upload your Pro/Premium theme new version zip file from Theme Installer “Appearance => Themes => Add New => Upload” or http://yoursite.com/wp-admin/theme-install.php?upload. You also get an option to backup your existing theme while updating to latest version. No more hassle of deleting the theme and uploading new one.
= Custom CSS =
Allows addition of Custom CSS in the head section of the site. If CSS is entered and saved, it will show up in the frontend head section. You can leave it blank if it is not needed.
= Catch IDS =
Click on the Activate button in the Catch Web Tools Dashboard.
Once the module is enabled, it will show the Post ID, Page ID, Media ID, Links ID, Category ID, Tag ID and User ID in the Admin Section Table.
= Social Icons =
Social Icons uses icons from genericons v. 3.4.1 [genericons.com](http://genericons.com).
Click on the Activate button in the Catch Web Tools Dashboard or Check the Enable Social Icons module to enable Social Icons provided by Catch Web Tools.
Once the module is enabled and fields are entered, social icons can be shown via three ways, shortcodes, widgets and templates.
* The shortcode [cathchemes_social_icons] (in the Post/Page content) will enable Social Icons into the Page/Post.
* Drag and drop Catch Web Tools’ Social Icons Widget to any Sidebar for results.
* If Catch Web Tools Social Icons is required in php template, the following code can be used:
<?php if ( function_exists( 'catchwebtools_social_icons' ) ) catchwebtools_social_icons(); ?>
<?php echo do_shortcode( '[cathchemes_social_icons]' ); ?>
= OpenGraph ( Social Integration ) =
SEO and Social Media are heavily intertwined, that is why this plugin also comes with a Facebook OpenGraph implementation. Custom Meta boxes can be used to add OpenGraph tags for specific pages or posts. This section adds Open Graph meta data to site’s section.
Click on the Activate button in the Catch Web Tools Dashboard or Check the “Enable OpenGraph Module” to enable social integration provided my Catch Web Tools.
Homepage Setting Section
* This section includes OpenGraph Settings for your home page.
Default Setting Section
* This section includes a default image field which is used if the post/page being shared does not contain any images.
Custom Settings Section ( Only For Advanced Users )
* This setting is only recommended for advanced users who understand detailed workings of OpenGraph tool.
* This field is for any other type of OpenGraph tag that is not fulfilled by Catch Web Tools OpenGraph Basic Settings. E.g.:
* OpenGraph tags for specific pages or posts, can be added via Catch Web Tools Custom Meta Box which shows up in pages’ and posts’ add/edit sections once this section is enabled.
= SEO (BETA Release) =
SEO is in beta version. SEO can be used to add SEO meta tags to Homepage, specific pages or posts and Categories pages. This section adds SEO meta data to site’s
Click on Activate button in the Catch Web Tools Dashboard or Check the “Enable SEO Module” to enable SEO provided by Catch Web Tools.
SEO Homepage Settings
* This section includes SEO settings for Homepage
Catch Web Tools: SEO Settings
* SEO for specific pages or posts, can be added via Catch Web Tools Custom Meta Box which shows up in pages’ and posts’ add/edit sections once this section is enabled.
* Once enabled the settings will also show up in the categories add and edit page, below the main settings section.
= To Top =
To Top Module adds a floating box at the bottom right side (by default) of the page when scrolled down and, when clicked, rolls smoothly to the top. This is convenient when you have a long page, and you want to give your visitors an easy way to get back to the top.
When a page or post has heaps of content, visitors have to scroll down to read those content. As they scroll below, all the navigational links go up. When visitors are done with the reading, they need to scroll up to see what else is there on your website. This can be very tedious. To Top Module adds a button that quickly gets visitors to the top of the page in a matter of milliseconds. Also, the transition is smooth and improves user experience. The other great thing about this module is you don’t have to touch a single code of your template.
* Displays an icon when user scrolls down the page
* Live Preview via Customizer
* Scrolls the page back to top with animation
* Set icon/image opacity
* Set icon(dashicons) or image as to top button
* For icon, set background color, icon color, icon size and icon shape(from square to circle)
* Set any image you want
* Set image width
* Set the location of the icon
* Show/hide To Top button in admin pages.
* Auto hide
* Hide on small devices
== Change log ==
= 1.9.2 =
* Bug Fixed: Display on hover without scrolling issue [To Top Module]
= 1.9.1 =
* Bug Fixed: Nonce issue in metabox (Reported by: james)
= 1.9 =
* Checked: Version compatibility WordPress 4.7
* Code Optimization
= 1.8.1 =
* Fixed: Catch IDs: ID column display issue in mobile devices
= 1.8 =
* Checked: Version compatibility WordPress 4.6
* Fixed: Custom CSS and Social Icons CSS
* Fixed: Added catchwebtools_to_top_options in uninstall
* Updated: Catch Updater class constructor name changed to `__construct()`
= 1.7 =
* Added: Social Icons Now have features to show their own social colors on hover and both hover and static
* Bug Fixed: IDs not showing in category and tags page
* Bug Fixed: Enqueue catchwebtools-to-top-public.js and catchwebtools-to-top-public.css only if to-top module is active
* Changed: ID column width size to support upto 8 digit ids
* Changed: http to https in links
* Changed: #to_top_scrollup to #cwt_to_top_scrollup
* Changed: Moved all options (CWT Custom CSS and CWT To Top) for Catch Web Tools to Catch Web Tools Plugin panel in customizer
= 1.6.1 =
* Update: Made the ID column sortable
* Code Optimization for Catch IDs
= 1.6 =
* Added: To Top Module
* Added: Pinterest Site Verification in Webmaster Tools
* Added: Yandex Site Verification in Webmaster Tools
* Added: Security Section In CWT Dashboard
* Added: Catch Updater Module
* Bug Fixed: Undefined index issues
* Optimized: Admin Styles and Scripts delivery
* Optimized: Codes
= 1.5.2 =
* Bug Fixed: SEO Author meta error in singular view
= 1.5.1 =
* Bug Fixed: Custom CSS not working
= 1.5 =
* Added: Social Icons for Email, Skype, Digg, Reddit, Stumbleupon, Pocket, DropBox, Spotify, Foursquare, Twitch TV, Website, Phone, Handset, Cart, Cloud and Link
* Updated: Genericons to 3.4.1
* Updated: Color Picker
* Optimized: Social Icons Content Delivery
* Optimized: Custom CSS Content Delivery
= 1.4.1 =
* Bug Fixed: Replaced text domain from catchwebtools to catch-web-tools
= 1.4 =
* Added: Feed redirect / custom feed options under webmaster tools
* Changed: Support URL
= 1.3 =
* Bug Fixed: Escaped outputs for social icons
* Bug Fixed: Escaped outputs for open graph tools
* Bug Fixed: Escaped outputs for webmasters tools
* Bug Fixed: Skype social icon esc_attr instead of esc_url
* Updated: Genericons
* Checked: Version compatibility WordPress 4.3
= 1.2 =
* Added: Serbo-Croatian translation sr_RS.po and sr_RS.mo
* Bug Fixed: empty SEO title added when deactivated
= 1.1 =
* Bug Fixed: SEO with title tags for version 4.1 or later
= 1.0 =
* Checked: Version compatibility WordPress 4.1
* Fixed: Admin css
= 0.4 =
* Checked: Version compatibility WordPress 3.9.2
= 0.3 =
* Added: Brazilian Portuguese translation pt_BR.po and pt_BR.mo
* Fixed: Textdomain issue with .pot files
= 0.2 =
* Checked: WordPress compatibility up to version 3.9.1
= 0.1 =
* Initial Release
Click on the Donate button below to Support Free Themes and Plugins. All donations are used for development and improvement of free themes and plugins. You can donate any amount as something is better then nothing.