Essential Content Types WordPress plugin allows you to feature the impressive content through different content/post types on your website just the way you want it. These Custom Post Types (CPTs) are missed by the themes in WordPress Theme Directory as the feature falls more towards the plugins’ territory.
Content is at the forefront of any website. Changing the layout of your important content changes the way your website looks, which may not be a plus point if your current website layout is loved by your users.
Additionally, switching themes changes your website layout completely. Therefore, to keep things looking spic-and-span in your website, we bring you Essential Content Types.
Essential Content allows you to add up to three custom post types:
- Portfolio – Create and display your portfolio on your website’s Frontpage
- Testimonials – Add customer testimonials to your website’s Frontpage
- Featured Content – Display the content you want as featured content on the Frontpage to attract visitors; attention
Features of Essential Content:
- Enable/Disable any content/post type as needed
- Supports all themes on WordPress
Essential Content is inspired by Jetpack’s Custom Content Types feature. However, not everyone wants to have a plugin that “does-it-all”. Some may want plugins to be niche focused and concentrate on smaller areas. That is precisely what we have done with Essential Content Types plugin. Essential Content Types plugin, true to its name, has only the essential elements. We have added the features that WordPressers use most. We have ruled out all other elements to make it non-bloated and clean. It takes up lesser space and does the job well.
If you think we have missed any essential content/post types, please let us know. We’ll review the frequency of usage and add your suggestions.
= Premium Support =
Catch Themes team provides support for Essential Content Types plugin at https://catchthemes.com/support-forum/forum/essential-content-types/
= Translation =
Essential Content Types plugin is translation ready.
== Installation ==
= Installing Essential Content Types Plugin through WordPress admin panel =
1. Go to “Plugins => Add New” from your WordPress Dashboard
2. Search “Essential Content Types Catch Themes” and you will see the “Essential Content Types” plugin
3. Click on “Install Now” and then “Activate”
4. It’s all done. You’ll then see Essential Content Types settings page from which you can enable or disable the content types as per your need.
= Installing Essential Content Types Plugin through FTP access =
1. Click on Download Essential Content Types Plugin to download the plugin zip file
2. Then extract the zip file (essential-content-types.zip) that you have downloaded
3. Using an FTP client to access your host web server. Go to /wp-content/plugins/ and upload the “essential-content-types” folder
4. Then go to “Plugins” in your WordPress Admin Panel and click on “Activate”
5. It’s all done. You’ll then see Essential Content Types settings page from which you can enable or disable the content types as per your need.
== Change log ==
= 1.0.2 =
* Checked: Version compatibility WordPress 4.8
* Renamed Featured Content to ECT: Featured Content
= 1.0.1 =
* Bug Fixed: Featured Content compatibility with themes with Jetpack: Featured Content Support
* Bug Fixed: Admin CSS
= 1.0.0 =
* Initial Release
Click on the Donate button below to Support Free Themes and Plugins. All donations are used for development and improvement of free themes and plugins. You can donate any amount as something is better then nothing.