Our latest theme has a feature to add demo content in theme.
Here are the steps to add demo content:
- Install Catch Theme Demo Import Plugin
- After installation, go to “Plugins=> Catch Themes Demo Import” and click on Activate Button
- After activation you will find plugin in Appearance => Import Demo Data
- If the theme you’re currently using has a predefined demo file available, you will be presented with all the theme demos available. Click on the “Import” button and a pop-up will appear asking you to reconfirm that you’re ready to import the demo file. Click “Yes, import!”
- But if the theme you are using does not have any predefined import files, then you will be presented with three file upload inputs. The first one is required and you will have to upload a demo content XML file, for the actual demo import. The second one is to upload a WIE or JSON file; it is for widgets import. The third one is to choose a DAT file for importing the customizer settings. You can use our Catch Import Export plugin to export and import the customizer settings. The first file is mandatory and the rest of the two files are optional. Upload the files and click on the “Import Demo Data” button to import the demo.
- Finally, you will be notified by a message after the import is done