Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I’ve recently started using Catch Box on my website (http://emmalindhagen.com/). Awesome theme, but there are a couple of tiny things I want to ask.

1. I use the layout with content on the left and the menu on the right. Is there a way to make the content side a bit wider and the menu side a bit narrower?

2. I’ve noticed when you insert images and add a caption, there is a – before the caption each time. Is there a way to remove this or otherwise edit how the caption box will look?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Sakin
    Keymaster

@Emma Lindhagen:
    1. I use the layout with content on the left and the menu on the right. Is there a way to make the content side a bit wider and the menu side a bit narrower?
    — This is big challenging as of responsive design. I have come up with the CSS as per our sidebar. Can you try adding in the following CSS in “Appearance => Theme Options => Custom CSS” box.

@media screen and (min-width: 961px) {
    #primary {
        margin: 0 -31.5% 0 0;
    }
    #content {
        margin-right: 34.6%;
        width: 62.4%;
    }
    #secondary {
        width: 28.5%;
    }
    }

2. I’ve noticed when you insert images and add a caption, there is a – before the caption each time. Is there a way to remove this or otherwise edit how the caption box will look?
    — You can ad the following css in “Appearance => Theme Options => Custom CSS” box.

.wp-caption .wp-caption-text:before {
        content: none;
    }
    .wp-caption .wp-caption-text {
    	padding-left: 4px;
    }

Thank you! That worked wonders on both counts.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘2 questions: changing content width and editing the caption field’ is closed to new replies.